9/3/14

Made in Hollywood


In my fashion lexicon, P stands for Peplum, Perfection and Phillip Lim. The 3 P's of style are all common to the shirt I'm wearing in today's outfit post!

This piece was scooped up from the 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target collection last fall... I should add that acquiring it was no easy feat! My collegiate self et al. woke up at the crack of dawn, abiding by the limited public transit schedule the city of Kingston, Ontario abides by in order to get to the local mall and beat townies and other fashion-savvy individuals to the best picks the collection offered. I kid you not, my pals and I had to climb hills, strategize, and emotionally eye-bribe other inhabitants of the Target changing room to succeed at our mission. It was all worth it in the end, however, because Phillip Lim is a GOD and designs the most wearable, gorgeous clothing.

I was lucky enough to get my hands on some great pieces, and this peplum top is one of them. The Asian-inspired floral print is so unique and pretty, and I love the construction details on the back. I find that I wear this shirt so often because of it's endless versatility. From the classroom, to interviews, to parties and after-parties, this top has seen it all and never fails to yield compliments and inquiries, like a good piece of clothing should.

With that being said, can we all officially agree that Phillip needs to design another Target collection soon...!?







WHAT I WORE
Shirt: 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target
Shorts: The Gap
Sandals: H&M
Sunglasses: Joe Fresh

4 comments