Vogue Anatomy | Music & Fashion Blog

A fashion and music blog written by Ashley Laramie

8/23/14

Stella Does Disclosure


By now you've probably noticed that I'm a girl whose passions lie within two realms: fashion and music. Naturally, each of these interests inform my perspective of the other, and more often than not, overlap. I'm always looking for the music influence in fashion and the fashion influence in the music I'm listening to.

Right now I'm obsessed with Stella McCartney's FW14 ready-to-wear collection, which reminds me a lot of one of my favourite musical artists of all-time- DISCLOSURE!

Image Cred: Hanneli Mustaparta 



A lot of Disclosure's success comes from their instantly recognizable branding, with their artistry transcending onto a level greater than their addictive dance-floor beats. When I see their iconic doodled-face logo, I immediately hear their music in my head (occasionally singing it out loud, much to the horror of my surroundings) and think of their album artwork. You can even create your own Disclosure selfie with a Facebook app that stamps your photos with their logo!

A few looks from Stella's collection incorporate graphic doodles that are similar to the Disclosure face. I'm absolutely in love with these pieces. They're so simple and understated with their minimalist colour palette and graphics, yet at the same time, effortlessly cool and versatile.



Sadly my bank account is limiting my options to a Hanes t-shirt, a black Sharpie and a whole lot of creativity. DIY for the win (?????)

6 comments

  1. A beautiful and original collection, I love the doodled faces and they do look very similar to the disclosure face doodle!

    X Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously want this entire collection, everything is so perfect!!! :)

      x
      Ash

      Delete
  2. Her stuff is great! I love how you've managed to merge music and fashion so beautifully!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. You have made such an amazing connection between fashion and music. I think this post is incredible and so is Stella's designs.
    www.thefashionbrooke.blogger.com

    ReplyDelete